Monday, May 17, 2010

Money is like Manure

When you figure out what occupation you want you're supposed to find a matching major to study. But what if what to become isn't close to what's being offered at your university. Or any Universities for that matter.

I'm going to be a Professional Philanthropist. What kind of classes am I supposed to sign up for that?! I could take business, but I'm interested in the making of the money only the spending. There's always economics, but the numbers are for the banks to sort out, not me. I've decided to keep with my communications degree because shopping always comes in second to talking.
Do not misunderstand me: I don't want the money for myself. I'm not a spoiled brat...alright I am spoiled, but I'm not a brat about it. I have bigger plans for the dough then just fabulous shopping sprees.

First: I'll buy up one hotel in every major city and transform them into Half-Way houses for families; ones who have lost their jobs or fallen on hard times and a need good clean place to stay while they get back on their feet. I'll stock each place with healthy meals and teach culinary classes so the people living there will have an opportunity to learn a new skill while providing a service for others.

Second: I'm going to buy up the best ad agencies and PR reps from all over. They will be my personal team of experts who will choose 100 small businesses (mom and pop shops) give the owners free services. This way their business will grow and get costumers coming in regularly. Every year we'll work with a brand new group of business owners until they can stand on their own two feet.
Third, well I can go on, but I want to keep these blogs short-ish. I guess you can say my dream in life is to make other's dreams come true. And it may sound "Pollyanna-esc" but I honestly believe that since my intentions are so pure that somehow I will find away to get finances sufficient enough to do it. Let's round up this week with 2 great quotes:

King Benjamin: "If God...grant unto you whatsoever ye ask that is right, in faith, believing that ye shall receive, O then, how ye ought to impart of the substance that ye have one to another."
Dolly Levi: "Money, pardon the expression, is like manure. It's not worth a thing unless it's spread around, encouraging young things to grow."

Now it's your turn- leave a comment or an email answering the question, if you had millions upon millions how would you give it back to your fellow brothers and sisters?

1 comment:

  1. Brad Bryant AKA JediMaster of ObesityMay 17, 2010 at 5:21 PM

    I would provide scholarships at Utah State University for single mothers & fathers to get Business Degrees so they can provide for their family's.

    Then again, if I provide this for single parents, what happens if happily married couples get divorces solely to take advantage of my scholarships for single parents...Dang, it! I'll have to rethink this a bit more. Oh well, the intent was good.

    ReplyDelete